Flying through

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Sao Paulo 20th July 2011

Paulista bicycle
I thought this bicycle 'art' was here because in a town of 16 million cars a bicycle would be the emblem of love, but I was wrong - it is a memorial.
This bicycle commemorates a young girl - around 20 years old - who was killed on her bicycle; run over by a car.

I wonder how many cyclists are killed by cars here.

The picture below, I think, explains a lot; both why it is a dangerous place of cyclists and why there are so many helicopters flying businessmen to work.
In spite of that, I love San Paulo - it has a great atmosphere and life is vibrant and fun; much of life seems to take place above the ground - swimming pools; gardens; helipads and life...

Jardin's street
Roof-top life

No comments:

Post a Comment