Flying through

Sunday 1 July 2012

Last Day of the Festival of Speed

Festival of Speed logo
The last day of the Festival of Speed. It has been good in terms of the number of visitors - they say 40,000 the first day and 80,000 on the Saturday - although official figures are yet to be released.
In terms of aviation interest - that is different. There were a lot of helicopters flown in to the airfield, but the riders and pilots went in the VIP entrance, which does not go through the aviation exhibition entrance. Moreover, there were no signs to the aviation exhibition from the main exhibition and many of the visitors were actually unaware of its existence. Another year I think it would be better to have 1. an exhibitors extrance; 2. someway of getting those interested in aviation through the aviation exhibition; 3. Better signs.
Otherwise it was good. I sold a lot of copies of Atlantic Warriors, my book about ferrying a small airplane across the Atlantic, which I did in 1988. I sold a few subscriptions, and all the magazines were given out. Will I get some new advertisers? I hope so. The true of test of how useful a show is for the magazine is only discovered in the weeks following the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment