Flying through

Thursday 17 October 2013

Cavalon Flying @ Booker

Gee in Cavalon @ Booker
Went flying in the Cavalon gyrocopter today at Booker, Wycombe Air Park.
Wonderful little machine and extremely stable. If it were a sailing boat you would consider it a cruiser as it can fly for five hours without having to refuel, you can fly hands off, and it will go at 100 miles an hour - rather faster than a sail boat!

It was a little squirrely in take off, probably the result of a castoring nosewheel, but very stable in flight and would make a really good tourer. I enjoyed flying it. It lands and stops in no distance at all... NB. I have been told by Andy Wall - Cavalon salesman - that the Cavalon does not have a castoring nosewheel. So, there must be another reason for the squirreling on take-off. He has offered to let me do circuits in the machine - I will see if I can do better... watch this space for what, I hope, is not a disaster!

For more and a wider choice of pictures see the Winter edition of Helicopter Life magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment