Flying through

Wednesday 21 May 2014

EC175 makes strides

EC175 flying in to the Trump Golf Course
Invited by Airbus Helicopters to fly the EC175 at the Trump Golf Course near Aberdeen. Got up at 4.30 am to make the 7.15 flight out of Heathrow, so when the weather looked poor I did feel rather disheartened. However, I'm a pilot so we are used to disappointment!

We had an interesting briefing from Airbus Helicopters Oil and Gas Sales Director Michael Melaye, who promoted the benefits of the EC175 over its competitors: better range, it is increasing its useful load by 300 kgs, lower vibrations and compliance with the CAA regulations Cap 1145.
I later talked to pilot Alain di Bianca, who I flew with many years ago in the EC130 at what was then MacAlpines. He has been involved in much of the design process and he says it is a very pilot centred helicopter with all the switches and dials (well actually it is flat screen Helionix avionics but you know what I mean) in the right places.
Sounds good. Hopefully, in the future I might get a flight... until then I'll just have to believe what they say.



No comments:

Post a Comment